Who is Lark Cowart
More than just a lawyer...
Experienced Prosecutor. Compassionate Leader.
Lark Cowart is a compassionate leader we can trust to adjudicate with ethical clarity and commitment to the values we share as a community. Lark has always prioritized service to her community as an attorney, mentor, coach, teacher and mom. Lark Cowart is an accomplished attorney and an experienced prosecutor… and so much more.
- Mother of two small children and the wife of a supportive husband.
- Citizen who cares deeply about the direction in which our county, state and country are headed.
- Lawyer, who graduated cum laude with a law degree from Loyola University Chicago, and with a masters degree in dispute resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, where she earned Cali Awards in Arbitration Practice and Environmental & Public Policy Mediation
- Public servant of Kane County, as Assistant State's Attorney for the last 14 years where she was twice nominated for Prosecutor of the Year; and as a coach and mentor to local youth.
- Someone who understands the challenges facing working families and the hardships that lead to wrong behavior through her time working multiple jobs to make ends meet.
- Licensed trainer in Restorative Practices, a strategy that seeks to repair relationships that have been damaged by bringing about a sense of remorse, restorative action and forgiveness.
- Swim and kayak coach for Saint Charles Swim Team, USA Canoe/Kayak Junior National Development Team, Lincoln Park Boat Club, Latin School of Chicago Girls Swim Team and Boathouse Supervisor at 1996 Summer Olympics.
- A Renaissance Woman, with interests in many things other than the law, such as music, martial arts, crafting, reenacting, and fire spinning!
Vote for Lark Early!
“I’m running for judge because I believe every person has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of the crime they’ve committed or the harm they’ve endured.”
- Lark Cowart